Specific objectives of the project:
i. Launch of Women in Renewable Energy Partnership Campaign.
ii. Provide an expandable, replicable business model for off-grid service delivery.
iii. Create an enabling business environment for renewable energy entrepreneurship through supportive policies, regulations and incentives.
• 30,000 households had access to information on climate change, renewable energy (solar energy), and entrepreneurship through forums
• 10 women and youth groups were provided with seed capital to establish business enterprises
• Business model developed whereby the women get loans from the women groups depending on their savings
• Distribution of 400 solar lanterns in Makueni and Kajiado Counties
• Economic improvement – each household saving KES. 140/week and average shop has an income of about KES 15,000/month.